Alrighty then. Things people DON'T know and won't be horrified to read. Hmmm.
1. When I was very young, we had a cat named Raisin. Then we got one named O'Neal who I remember as being big and fluffy but who knows what he really looked like. Other cats we had growing up? Bella Rose, Charlie Chan, Kandie (I was young, hush), Simba, Patches, Binky (the one-eyed badass <3), and Squeak who was killed on Halloween, but I won't go into THAT. Now there is only Ariadne! Who answers to "KITTEN!"
2. My first crush was on Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters. Movie and cartoon. I like my men nerdy.
3. My father told me Christopher Reeve was cast as Superman because he could breathe in outer space where they filmed part of the movie. And I believed him. Until I was like...a teenager. If he wasn't such an ass, I would think this is hilarious.
4. Speaking of Christopher Reeve, he was by childhood hero. As a teenager I had photos of him everywhere in my room. I remember watching the news when he broke his back and freaking out and being so upset. And when he died, I heard it on the radio. I was in Australia, driving back from my teaching rounds and I had to pull the car over so I could sob into my steering wheel because I couldn't see where I was going otherwise.
5. Once while I was doing my pizza delivery job in Melbourne, I saw a dingo on an outback road. It was awesome. Kangaroos and echidnas I saw in the many, dingoes I saw but one.
6. I took a Science Fiction and Fantasy class in my senior year of high school as an elective and it remains the class I learned the most about myself in in all of my high school years. Yes. Even more than in my drama classes. It sounds strange, but the teacher, Mr Keller, never just accepted an answer when we discussed the theme of the things we read and watched. It was always "and why do you think that? What does that mean..." and it was incredible.
7. I used to want a horse. I was going to name it Sparkle. Then I turned like...8, and I decided Shadow was a cooler name. So when I got a black bike I named IT Shadow after my fake horse. (Now my family has horses and they have names as if they were named by an 8 year old *sigh*)
8. In my freshman year of University, I had a fish and his name was Mr Bojangles.
9. I used to paint my nails a different colour EVERY DAY when in high school. I did it while I watched two hours of Star Trek reruns. I got really creative with colours and everything. I cannot imagine doing it at ALL now.
10. I have a fear of feet. I do not like them. They are gross. So the other day Leah put a black condom on her foot like a sock (we are classy ladies here in the LFoD) and when I then let her touch me on my leg with her foot, she was shocked and pleased. And yes, you needed to know this. The things that happen in this house are epic. (Added because this isn't really a thing so doing 10 is okay...)
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession